Speed problems on a VPS

pacquaio

Hi,

I´d like some feedback on www.lash.se (swedish site). I´d love if someone could test the speed and see if there is some bottlenecks or anything to improve to help the site to load faster. Lately it has been way too slow. I´d also would like to know if there is any company working with speed optimization of prestashop webshops? I am on prestashop 1.4, a VPS and under preferences and performances I have set smarty compile to no and cache to yes and I also use the CCC functions to improve the speed. I don´t use media servers, mcrypt or the caching like memcached or file system.

Anyone has any knowledge on how to improve the speed? Any modules that slows down the shop, a server problem or?

Please help.

My host says caching on the file system causes or might cause various problems to the shop.

Mcrypt is something I might consider. My problem is Time to First Byte´ which is way too long. I´ll try to disable some modules. I removed a twitter module on the product page that seemed to have helped a little bit. I gladly take some more suggestions or solutions.

I had some shops running under a VPS and i needed to call a lot of times to hosting provider to get a good load speed. The problem is that they put your VPS with other VPS without consider the total server resources cosumption. After a lot of calls and tickets they moved the location of the virtual server to a better place, without bottlenecks.

• 2 months later...