[SOLVED]Top Menu - Change "Home" to read "Categories"?

dixie

Cancel this request - I will do something different. Thank you.

How, or where, can I change the word "Home" to read "Categories" in the Top Menu Bar? If I can get that change made, I would like to add a Home title with the link to the actual homepage (I think I know how to do that part). To me, it is confusing that home is a list of categories, instead of the homepage, as currently show in the top menu bar. I am using PS 1.4.7 with the new template.

This (in red) is what I want to change to "Categories", unless it would cause problems.

<a class="sf-with-ul" href="http://stitchbin.com/prestashop/category.php?id_category=1">

Home

<span class="sf-sub-indicator"> »</span>

I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

Dixie

http://www.stitchbin.com/prestashop

• 1 month later...

Cancel this request - I will do something different. Thank you.

How, or where, can I change the word "Home" to read "Categories" in the Top Menu Bar? If I can get that change made, I would like to add a Home title with the link to the actual homepage (I think I know how to do that part). To me, it is confusing that home is a list of categories, instead of the homepage, as currently show in the top menu bar. I am using PS 1.4.7 with the new template.

This (in red) is what I want to change to "Categories", unless it would cause problems.

<a class="sf-with-ul" href="http://stitchbin.com/prestashop/category.php?id_category=1">

Home

<span class="sf-sub-indicator"> »</span>

I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

Dixie

http://www.stitchbin.com/prestashop

open the following file

themes/your-template/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl

scroll down and you'll see this code bellow, just replace the Home title or any other links , (i marked in red)

hope it help you.

<ul>

<li {if $page_name eq 'index'}class="select"{/if}><a href="{$link->getPageLink('index.php')}">{l s='Home'}</a></li>

<li {if $page_name eq 'sitemap'}class="select"{/if}><a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap.php')}">{l s='Sitemap'}</a></li>

<li {if $page_name eq 'new-products'}class="select"{/if}><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products.php')}">{l s='New Products'}</a></li>

<li {if $page_name eq 'about-us'}class="select"{/if}><a href="{$link->getPageLink('cms.php?id_cms=4')}">{l s='About Us'}</a></li>

<li class="{if $page_name eq 'contact-form'}select{/if}"><a class="last" href="{$link->getPageLink('contact-form.php')}">{l s='Contact'}</a></li>

</ul>

• 6 months later...

I relize this topic seems to be closed, but i have this same problem and found no solution in this thread. I would like to therefore try to ask the question again.

I have the top menu block installed for PrestaShop 1.5.1.

I'd like to alter the Menu to say "Categories" rather than "Home" as when clicking on

this menu, you get a list of categories.

Any thoughts that might help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• 8 months later...

To change that top level category name you will need to go into the database setup (phpmyadmin or navicat) and go to ps_category_lang table

Then in the name field, change it to 'category' from 'home', leave everything else the same

• 1 month later...

In Prestashop 1.5.4.0 go to Back Office - Catalog - Categories - click Edit on the right. You will see the name of your top category on the first line. Just change it to whatever you need. The change will show in your Front Office including site map and top horizontal menu. Hope this helps.