How to adjust size of preview image

I am a new user to prestashop and website creation and was hoping one of you could help me with this.

All my images are landscape rather then the usual square images and they show up fine on the home page, but when you click them to select the product and get additional information on the product it "squashes it" Is there an area I can adjust the size of the way the image shows up? I have attached a screen cap showing what is happening. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

post-319412-0-08283300-1328650935_thumb.jpg

Image sizes can be changes under preferences/images but this may cause margin problems with the block view.

After changing an img size you might have to delete the image and re-upload to product as Prestashop saves the images with a name like 1-large.jpg, 1-medium.jpg, 1-156-home.jpg, 1-156-thickbox.jpg for any pic uploaded look in the img folder in the root folder under p and m for more details.

If you do make changes write down the original size in case the new size creates other issues.

You will also need to set force compile to on under preferences/performance berfore previewing changes.

Try to play with the sizes a little you should find something that works for you.

I tried that and it dosnt seem to make any difference in the sizes. Could it be something in the themes? When i look at the ClassID and info it tells me in that block #primary_block and &big.pic.jqzoom (although im not sure if that is helpful or not) Any ideas on where i could look for this?

OK so I assume that you changed an image size, however did you change the correct one.

Each image has its own calling ie category, home etc, the images in product view are in the home category change that to 229 x 129 and have another look I just tried it and it worked for me.

However there is an issue in that this change also effects the images in the Featured products, those are a list view and now those images are to wide to fit in the list.

Also I did not have to change anything else or re-upload any pictures for this to work, i did not even have to force compile.

If you dont see a change give me your web site address and I will look at it with my developer tool.

post-310220-0-79641800-1328734612_thumb.jpg

Hi Tdr, and thanks! If you could take a look that would be great. I changed all the sizes! the address is www.bannermonkey.com/test

Let me know if you see anything!

(i just re posted this to the other forum as well) but hopefully you can figure this out!

error is here when you click on the product

http://www.bannermonkey.com/test/product.php?id_product=14