What is latest state of play with 1&1 re Prestashop.

I have a customer who has been happy with 1&1 for some time and now wants to start a shop.

I was recommended Prestashop. I foolishly brought the PrestShop-13 Beginners-Guide only to read that Prestashop does not work with 1&1. Looking at forum looks like some folks got it working at least at some stage. I would like to know what the current state of play is.

My experience of 1&1 has been fine as long as you don't need to use their support. Use their support and you might as well hit your head against a brick wall.

Is anybody aware of an alternative open source shopping cart that does not have a problem with 1&1

I have a customer who has been happy with 1&1 for some time and now wants to start a shop.

I was recommended Prestashop. I foolishly brought the PrestShop-13 Beginners-Guide only to read that Prestashop does not work with 1&1. Looking at forum looks like some folks got it working at least at some stage. I would like to know what the current state of play is.

My experience of 1&1 has been fine as long as you don't need to use their support. Use their support and you might as well hit your head against a brick wall.

Is anybody aware of an alternative open source shopping cart that does not have a problem with 1&1

We are running on 1&1 ok. There are issues with timeouts.. So for example if I am uploading new products via cvs I can only do a few at a time.. Also I am struggling with auto update..

I suppose it depends own the scale of your store and the exact plan you have with 1&1

I would stay away from 1&1.

They have horrible support, they do not allow you to change any PHP settings, have very low limits (storage, DB space) and are not very cheap either.

Where is the site located (country) and where is the target audience?