Customers cannot log in (authentication)

I did another fresh install and still cannot log in as a customer. I've looked through the forums and it appears that people are suggesting to clear private data, cache and cookies in order to fix this problem. I don't imagine our customers are going go through these motions to log in. Has anyone found a solution involving the server, database or application?

I contacted my hosting provider to help me with this problem. They were able to log in as a customer!

Hello Terry,

I have also logged in to http://terrytoledo.com/shop/authentication.php?back=my-account.php using the login information you provided without trouble. The problem could be related to your firewall or anti-virus software if for some reason the authentication or proceeding page loading were violating some rule. Try disabling any firewall or anti-virus software and connecting again. If you are still having trouble please update this ticket with more details on the exact sort of error you are receiving when trying to log into the page so that I can investigate further.

- Warren Weeder
Technician

Perhaps this will help narrow down the source of the problem. Alas, I still have no idea why my customer and I cannot log in.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this sounds fancy, but if you add in the file authentification.php the function 'print', redirection starts working!

//File: authentification.php, line 110, add this:

print(' ');
if (Tools::isSubmit('SubmitLogin'))
{
   $passwd = trim(Tools::getValue('passwd'));
   $email = trim(Tools::getValue('email'));

BREAKTHROUGH!

In my browser settings, I tried changing my proxy settings! Under Network, then Connection Settings, I changed "No Proxy" to "Auto Detect". Then I tried logging in and it WORKED!! I'm going to post this information on my site for customers who have trouble logging in, but ultimately it would be nice if users did not have to change their preferences in order to shop with Prestashop. Thanks for your help with this matter, please keep us informed on Prestashop's relationship with Proxy settings!

:)