The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

stuffedhippo

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

PayPal is starting to get on my nerves!!!!

Arfter setting up a shop for my client I installed the PayPal addon to make payment easier!

After the site went live I processed a couple of test payment and 2 different card and all went through OK. They had a couple of purchases all looking good (well done me - pat on the back etc).

Until now. The client and the 2 of their customers can not pay using PayPal. The site takes them to the PayPal website and after entering their card details it returns:

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number"

Other cards to not work for these customers and more trst from me go through OK.

I found a thread on the PayPal community website. Has anyone come accress this before as there doens not seem to be a fix.

Very close to chnaginf payment gateway!

Thanks for any help

This is an issue that keeps us up late.

Try this:

in your moudle/paypal folder find paypalexpress.php and paypalpayment.php

Change ADDROVERRIDE to 0.

This is supposed to resove the issue where your clients address (shipping address) can be different, for example in ebay one can purchase products but have them sent to other addresses. If you don't override the address you may get the message you posted.

Note: (this fix was for another message (not allowed from your country), i.e. a client registers, say they live in Colomba, but they have a paypal address registered say in the US.

The issue (and I really don't understand why PayPal does this) is that if you have a paypal account with the same cc # linked to a paypal account, and you try to use it without logging into your paypal account, they will give you this message. Seems to me they should just simply ask the client to log into their paypal account. doh!

• 1 year later...