Prestashop images not appearing after image regeneration

We had an unrelated problem with product not appearing yesterday we thought it might be a problem with images so tried the regenerate images button

It turned out that the first problem was nothing to do with images

but now none of the images are appearing

the is the site in question

www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk

can anyone give me any clues as to what to might have happened?

Ive discovered that it will allow me to regenerate everything apart from the product thumbnails

Quite strange ... did you check your permissions on img folder ? 3 suggetsions:

1) check permission with ftp client (I'm suggesting filezilla)

2) check your web folder img/p/ ...do you have images there ?

2) try to upgrade to 1.4.6.2

Let me know

Ciao

Davide

Hi Davide

1) tried, no good

2) yes, just seemingly not all the images there should be

3) not sure we want to go down that road just yet, but it has crossed our minds

Just trying to get a back up from the host of the img/p file from the host at the mo ... would deleting what is there and putting a back up in its place likely work?

Any more thoughts would be appreciated as we are completely stumped

Cheers

Hamish

Hi Hamish,

no other ideas then to try to switch from old way to store images to the new one (available in 1462) but I do not know in 1.4.1.0. For point 1 ... do you mean that permissions are ok ?

Ciao

davide

Yes, we set permissions to 777 to see if that would make any difference, no joy

just found out out back up was taken today and so is a backup of the site with these issues ...

not happy!

I could really do with some help from prestashop here, but i imaging the advice will just be to update to the latest version ... ?

Thank you for your help anyway Davide, it is appreciated

Quite strange ... did you check your permissions on img folder ? 3 suggetsions:

1) check permission with ftp client (I'm suggesting filezilla)

2) check your web folder img/p/ ...do you have images there ?

2) try to upgrade to 1.4.6.2

Let me know

Ciao

Davide

I have the same thing and I have 1.4.6

Hi,

I solved the same issue by downloading again the img/p/ folder from the old install then uploading it to the new install... There was some attributes problems too on the old img/p/ folder ; solved before re-copy.

So : be sure you really have all the images. Do it before switching in the new storage system.

Wishing it helps,

Michel.

I dont get ur point, what if you are installing on local host?

Hi,

I solved the same issue by downloading again the img/p/ folder from the old install then uploading it to the new install... There was some attributes problems too on the old img/p/ folder ; solved before re-copy.

So : be sure you really have all the images. Do it before switching in the new storage system.

Wishing it helps,

Michel.

Hi,

Wishing it helps,

Michel.

My images where lost when i've updated from 1.2 to the last 1.4.

I was thinking it's a prestashop issue, but it was only a simple FTP transfert problem. I've not understood why, but the img/p/ folder was not entirely downloaded.

I only want to point Hamish to that. Perhaps the problem is so simple. Perhaps no.

I'm having the same issue.

It all started when I wanted to add watermarks to all my pictures.

I'm using version 1.4.6.2

No watermark was ever added to my existing pictures AND many pictures started disappearing altogether.

Moved to the new storage, disabled legacy storage, regenerated htaccess file, etc.. everything in this thread without any success !

Finally got all my images back by doing it size by size.. which takes a long time.

Any idea which setting should be changed so that ALL images can be refreshed at once ?

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you.

I had tried the htaccess but what you said got me thinking, so I selected the regeneration of thumbnails by each size and realised I had so many images it was too much in one go so I worked through them one by one and yipee! My images came back.

Thank you

Hello,

it`s been a long time since your conversation here- but I have exactly the same problem as described here in this whole topic. I try to follow the steps for resolving it but it doesn`t work. only for the product images regeneration it gives me error 404 and nothing happens- all my images are lost after trying to regenerate them.

Please give me some advise or explain exactly the steps to follow

I use prestashop 1.5.4

Thank you

Edited by babyboombg.com (see edit history)

• 1 month later...