Block Countries

franV

Hi

I only sell in my own country and for reasons:

1. To keep my site faster and traffic down and keep my hosting affordable.

2. Security purposes.

3. Save time on responding to foreign emails.

I don't want my site to open to countries other than my own.

Is there a way i can do this?

Guest Stephen Bromfield

Hi FranV,

If you click on "Preferences" on the main menu and then click on "Geolocation" in the sub-menu, you will see an option called "Select countries that can access your store".

I believe this is what you are looking for.

-Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There are a number of plugins available to do this if the functionality is not there in your Prestashop, but unfortunately they're not all that simple. One way is to use this script, which is easy to install but unfortunately not free!

http://www.blockscript.com/

Another way, which is free but unfortunately takes a little longer to set up, is to use MaxMind's Apache module. Your host should be able to help you with this option.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. We submitted list of those countries to our hosting company. Those will be blocked soon.

There are a number of plugins available to do this if the functionality is not there in your Prestashop, but unfortunately they're not all that simple. One way is to use this script, which is easy to install but unfortunately not free!

http://www.blockscript.com/

Another way, which is free but unfortunately takes a little longer to set up, is to use MaxMind's Apache module. Your host should be able to help you with this option.