Be gentle

dribblef

Hey Dribblef,

Well, I open your website and my fisrt impression I can't explain what I felt,

I didn't dislike but there something there that I didn't like I don't know.

1st: The colour is not my favourite, but it's the colour of your shop, this is really subjective, it's a matter of taste

2nd: I didn't like very much the layout of your frontpage or homepage, because you have a lovely pictures with babys and then your 1st paragraph is: Dribble Face now accept all major card types from our secure site...

People are expecting to read something like, who are you (Dribble.com), what do you sell or something like that, and not the credit types that you accept :D If they are intrested, they will ask or find that information.

3rd: You are an "old" seller with a lot of ebay feedback so, the problem is not what you sell, and not from you theme colour or your layout, it's about marketing and promote your website. If it is recent, you have a long way to reach the top of search engines etc...

I hope it helps,

Good luck

Regards

Thanks for that feedback, I have removed the colours as you were right did not sit with me either. My ebay store has been around alot longer then this site so I need to work on advertising and marketing but not sure the best way to go about this as of yet.

The only reason I wrote about cards is I did not take this at first so I was letting people know. I have an about page all about the company somewhere lol

What should I have on my home page do you think?

Hi,

For me it's better the way it is, than the old colours that you had.

But, it's very subjective so, just choose one colour that makes you feel good with the looking of your store.

Your page take a little bit to download (open), see your: sttings/preferences/performance and see if they are set to allow cache and set the force compile set to "no".

If your theme is 1.4.x chosse CSS on the permormance.

The text on the homepage is about you, I can't help you with this. You can either write something about your store, what do you sell or the promotions that are taking in place I don't know.

Just don't forget that that text, is the first thing people will read on your website, the rest they might not read so choose wisely.

If you want to remove the short description from your home featured products see this video:

If you choose to change this, remember to set "force compile to "yes" and allow cache set to "no", when finishing, set change the permormance settings again.

About promoting your website, you can put a link from your products on ebay to your shop, and mail your customers about your shop, offering one discout voucher for them to use, and try to optimize your shop on google search. Study the google recources like webmaster tools from google.

Good Luck ;)

Regards