Uploaded images do not display in new installation

I've just installed Prestashop 1.4.6.2 on a GoDaddy Shared Deluxe Linux Hosting account.

The installation went smoothly with no problems.

The images for the sample products and manufacturers that came as part of the installation all display correctly.

However, when I create a new manufacturer or a new product (and upload associated JPEG images) the images for the new objects that I've created do not display.

Relevant information:

• I've set chmod 777 on all folders and files
  • When creating a new product/manufacturer and choosing to upload an image the PS backend tells me that the creation was successful. There are no errors.
  • Images for the other manufacturers are stored in /img/tmp/ When I check this location after my "successful" manufacturer creation there are no new images in that location

It would be very appreciated if you could offer some help.

I can post my php5.ini or .htaccess files if that would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Alan

I've resolved this issue thanks to the power of Google search... after Google search... after Google search... :)

The issue was that a /tmp/ folder that GoDaddy uses to temporarily store the images did not exist.

I'll try to explain this in an easy-to-understand way so that it can help anyone in the future.

This might apply to other hosting providers, but here are the steps that I needed to take when I was not able to upload images to GoDaddy:

1. Connect to the site using SSH.

My web site files are hosted in /html/ and I'm unable to move up beyond this folder in my FTP program. Therefore I had to connect with SSH.
  2. When connecting with SSH I'm one folder above /html/

If I run a "ls" command in SSH to list the available directories I only saw three: data, html and scc. The tmp folder where the images are stored before being processed into Prestashop is missing.
  3. Excute the command: mkdir tmp
  4. I don't know whether this was necessary but I changed the permissions on the directory: cmod 755 tmp

I then logged back into my Prestashop admin panel and was able to successfully upload images.

If you are unfamiliar with any of the steps listed here you could contact your hosting provider to create the "tmp" folder for you.

- Alan