One customer - several groups - live choice

Hello.

I have a problem with pricing my customers. I sell pet food and sell it to several groups of customers. Sometimes one customer belongs to more than one group.

For example - I sell products for breeders (and they are sold exclusively for breeders - so no "ordinary" customer can buy it) and also sell products for resellers (resellers cannot buy products for breeders).

There are some customers that are both resellers and breeders (they buy "ordinary" products to sell them in their shops and they buy breeders products for their own dogs).

Is there any way to let a customer to choose the group while they are online in my shop?

Now I manage with it creating two (or more - I don't want to describe the whole situation) accounts, but as you can imagine it is not a comfortable situation - especially for my customers.

Maybe there is somebody who somehow has solved such problem?

Please - share your solution.

Leszek/Poland

i have created a module that allows a customer to choose the group during registration. I would think another module could be created, or perhaps mine enhanced, to allow the customer to choose their group while logged in, perhaps from the My Account block?

However there could be some complexity to this. Let's assume you have 4 groups, but you want to limit a customer to only choosing between 2 groups. This could be a challenge.