Ajax cart not working

eshops

Hi,

I have just loaded the latest Prestashop 1.4.6.2 production version and out of the box the ajax cart (ie where the box slided accross the screen into the cart) doesn't work.

I have some older versions of Prestashop running which all work fine, but for some reason the latest version does not work correctly.

When you add a product to the cart, the product is added, but it displays the shopping cart summary screen and the product is in the cart. On all my previous versions it stays on the home page and the featured prodicts slide into the cart on the homepage when the "Add to cart" button is pressed.

I'm running on my local machine using the easy PHP environment.

Hoping someone can assist, as I really like this feature and want to get it operating before upgrading my site.

thanks

eshops

ok thanks. I have firebug. Have just enabled the console. I've gone to add a product from the featured homepage but nothing apepars in the consol..any pointers on what I should look for or anything else I can check?

Im running Prestashop on my local machine, using easyPHP environment.

regards

ehops

Hi Tomerg3,

I've disabled and re-emabled the cart module and same for the ajax setting in the cart module, just to ensure all is ok in this area.

I've realsied not all erros messages were turned on in Firebug console, so turned on all flags and retried to add a featured product to the cart.

Have attached list of errors - most of them appear to be CSS related

any thoughts?

PS. I've downloaded about 3 previous versions of prestashp in the past and all have worked fine in my easyPHP environment. Its just the latest 1.4.6.2 whereby the ajax doesnt seem to work.

regards

eshops

post-58619-0-79804300-1324082472_thumb.jpg

post-58619-0-43068700-1324082494_thumb.jpg

damn...ok.

I tried another install but same result. I noticed that firefox came up with a message when installing that javascript needs to be enabled in order for the site to work correctly. I have javascript turned on, however noticed some forums mentioning this issue, and is based around the JS directory not having the correct security or CHMOD settings. Given Im running on local machine, I dont think I have any CHMOD settings that I can alter.

Just thought I mention this as maybe this has something to do with the issue.

Can you confirm that there are no other areas where the ajax functionality is disabled? The onlysection i know of is the setting in the Cart module.

thanks

eshops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

New here but just started playing with the cart and had the same issues...

i found this thread and disabled geoip and the cart works correctly.

http://www.prestasho...geolocation-ip/

hope this helps

Jim

Yes, but it says that affects version 1.4.5.1, so it shouldn't happen on 1.4.6.2.

I'm running 1.4.6.2 and having the same issue :( so I had to disable geolocation by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having problem with ajax cart. Products get added to it. But product added is not removed in chrome and IE8.

Also the ajax cart is not scrolling in IE8. i have seen of some comments on geolocation thing. But it is already disabled in my shopping cart.

Can anybody help me in sorting out the issue. My site is www.digitallimit.in

I suppose this problem started after i did enabled compression features from prestashop admin console and enabeling gzip compression after following some video help resources on net. But i tried to revert back compression and then run the site, still same problem occurs. I was going live today with my site and this problem came up from nowhere.

I suppose this problem started after i did enabled compression features from prestashop admin console and enabeling gzip compression after following some video help resources on net. But i tried to revert back compression and then run the site, still same problem occurs. I was going live today with my site and this problem came up from nowhere.

I observed one thing that when I add product from the product page, it does not get removed. If I am on a category page and try to add a product directly from the list of product under that category, it gets removed.

It can be checked at following URL:

Add this product from here http://www.digitallimit.in/workstation/17-workstation-touchstone.html

it will not be removed if I click on "X" inside cart summary. Moreover product attribute details are also not shown for the products that I added.

Now add the same product from this url: http://www.digitallimit.in/category.php?id_category=9

The product is added, it's attributes are shown and when I click "X" against it, it gets removed.

The problem seems to be when I add product from product page.

Can anybody help please ?

I observed one thing that when I add product from the product page, it does not get removed. If I am on a category page and try to add a product directly from the list of product under that category, it gets removed.

Add this product from here http://www.digitalli...touchstone.html

it will not be removed if I click on "X" inside cart summary. Moreover product attribute details are also not shown for the products that I added.

Now add the same product from this url: http://www.digitalli...p?id_category=9

The product is added, it's attributes are shown and when I click "X" against it, it gets removed.

Anybody got any suggestion on this ?????

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with the New Theme Ajax Cart. I was receiving an error adding products to cart but that issue is solved (I had removed the original cart module).

The issue I'm having now is that when I hover over the cart button, the dropdown appears much lower (please see attached).

I have checked the "hook positions" and moved both "Cart" and "Prestashop new cart" to the top of both "header" and "right column".

Prestashop ver 1.4.7.0

Please help! Thanks!

post-331135-0-42728600-1329856329_thumb.jpg

Under positions, filter by Prestasho new theme cart block. Ensure that u have kept ur module in Header of the pages and top of the pages positions only.

Does anybody has solution for my problem posted in this topic? No body is replying even after three days of posting it. Have I chosen a wrong product for my cart where community or any support staff just doesn't bother to help.

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with the New Theme Ajax Cart. I was receiving an error adding products to cart but that issue is solved (I had removed the original cart module).

The issue I'm having now is that when I hover over the cart button, the dropdown appears much lower (please see attached).

I have checked the "hook positions" and moved both "Cart" and "Prestashop new cart" to the top of both "header" and "right column".

Prestashop ver 1.4.7.0

Please help! Thanks!

post-331135-0-42728600-1329856329_thumb.jpg

Add this product from here http://www.digitalli...touchstone.html

Now add the same product from this url: http://www.digitalli...p?id_category=9

nobody to guide on this issue ???

• 1 year later...

In your back office, go to Preferences => Products,

and change settings for:

Re-direction after adding product to cart to "previous page".

Mine was set up to re-direct to "cart summary". I changed this setting in my back office and now it's working as it should.

Edited by varen (see edit history)

• 3 years later...