I am new with Prestashop. I am trying to install it just with the example data that is in the database.

I did it and I can work in my back office but I can not see the front office.

All the times that I try to see it I get the page that I attached here.

post-308448-0-86540600-1323625588_thumb.jpg

In that page sent by the web server you can read " ...you see this web page because there is not web site at this adress"

The web site is www.aromasdemitierra.com.ar

I do not want to develop my own site. I only want to see how to use this tool in order to compare prestashop with other kind of software. If I choose Prestashop, then, my idea will be to ask somebody to help me to make it more secure, install some others modules and perhaps change the theme.

So, I apreciatte if somebody help me to make work the front office,

and, if anybody consider that can help me to develop my site, please, write me to [email protected]

Thank in advance, ....sorry my English is no so good as I would like!

Eduardo

Most probably, you did not install prestashop correctly.

Follow the instructions below to install.

1. Create a database for your store, or use the database designated by your hosting company.

2. Turn on GD Library functionality. On a default installation of PHP, the GD Library is turned off. The standard Windows instructions are:

1. In the root directory of your PHP folder, open the php.ini file.

2. Uncomment the line extension=php_gd2.dll (about half-way through the file, in the middle of a long list of extensions) by deleting the ;

3. Restart the services.

3. Download the PrestaShop e-Commerce solution software.

4. Unzip the PrestaShop ZIP archive anywhere on your hard drive.

5. Upload the contents (not the folder itself) of the /prestashop folder to the root directory (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/) of your hosting server via FTP. You can also upload the files to a subdirectory you’ve created (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/) if you wish to keep your root homepage separate.

6. While you have your FTP connected to your Web hosting server, make sure the following PrestaShop folders have ‘write’ permissions (also known as “CHMOD 755”) but do not apply these permissions recursively (to their subfolders): /config, /upload, /download, /tools/smarty/compile. Then make sure the following folders have ‘write’ permissions and apply these permissions recursively (to their subfolders): /img, /mails, /modules, /themes/prestashop/lang, /translations

7. In a Web browser, launch the Installer by adding install to your shop’s URL (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/install). Note: On many newer servers, 755 permissions will suffice and 777 will not work (as it’s less secure), however, if you experience trouble when using 755, try to change to 777.

8. Upon completing the PrestaShop Installer wizard, use your FTP software to navigate to your /prestashop folder. There, delete the /install folder and rename the /admin folder (for example, /admin123 or, even better, /xyz789). This is for security reasons. If later you forget the name you gave the /admin folder, you can confirm its name via your FTP browser.