TIP: Working with PS CMS in Dreamweaver CS5...works great!

Long time Dreamweaver user, I just upgraded to cs5, now I can use dw to work on CMS sites, it works great with PS. I am not trying to sell anything just provide some very useful information on how you can create modules by seeing how PS really works!

see video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cs5/working-with-cms-frameworks/

• 3 weeks later...

The key is localhost, i.e. running locally. First make sure that which ever part you want to 'live code/view' is working on your local machine. Then let's say it's the back office you are interested in, then open admin/index.php and click live code.

tip: you should be able to select admin/index.php click pf12 to pull up in your browser on your local machine to see if you are getting your site working locally first.

I've managed to get localhost setup and my server is running - it's the database connection that I'm having no success with. :-(

the settings for your database connection are in config/settings.inc.php. Here is a copy of one of my PS's.

<?php
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'YOURDBNAMEHERE');
define('_DB_USER_', 'YOURDBUSERNAME');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'YOURPASSWORDHERE');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'YOURDBPREFIX_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');
define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/YOURSITEFOLDERGOESHERE/');
define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'MCached');
define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', '');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', '');
define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', '');
define('_THEME_NAME_', 'prestashop');  //NOTE THIS MAY DIFFER
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'WrQH8SFEeD9od7T43qSQDxLHPXVsTGPnB63nYhUF6NOSDd7NjmyZuxkpx');
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'tmZW5P7w0CxcsfP9Jk4D0WPFyeXr9RQew');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'OKGEIr29');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'XrI7S7Z/UTVjiXF8ODhXP3w==');
define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2011-10-18');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.4.5.1');
?>

• 2 months later...

Hi Friend,

I did installation of Prestashop on localhost using XAMPP in folder PS. Can u tell me what will be next settings I have to do so that I will get same live view which u shown above in image? I have Dreamweaver CS5.

Please guide.

Thanks

Hi Friend,

I did installation of Prestashop on localhost using XAMPP in folder PS. Can u tell me what will be next settings I have to do so that I will get same live view which u shown above in image? I have Dreamweaver CS5.

Please guide.

Thanks

Hi Vilas, you are better service using the DW (Adobe) help and forum. Tip: you first need to get your site working with your local host. Once you can run it on your localhost, just select live in your dw control panel.

Suerte!

Hi Elpatron,

I have seen that video and now able to see live view on dreamweaver. But I like to know one thing if you edit html site then you can able to move positiion from left to right for images or anything . But does same will be possible incase of editing prestashop in dreamweaver? Because whenever I am trying to edit the blocks its asking me to close live view. So is there is any way to see live changes with code?

Many thanks