Manufacturer Ajax Error

nope, actually I can't really add products at the moment either !

but i did just migrate from a local to a live server ... and i see you just updated to v 1.4

do you have any kind of parse error in addition to the manufacturer & supplier errors ?

I have no problem adding/editing products once I click "OK" on the error-message. But in some cases I have trouble expanding the "category tree" when adding a product. It just loads forever and I have to refresh the page like 8 times before I can check the wanted categories...

As far as I remember, I had no trouble with this before changing the short description limit.

Eeermmm I got home today and wanted to test out the above suggestions, but the problem seems to have vanished... ... I've been dealing with this for a couple of weeks, and now it's just gone - well fine by me :)

If the problem re-occurs I'll get back on this topic!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I've fixed my version of this problem,

I downloaded a fresh version of prestashop v1.4 from here http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

and just replaced the ajax.php with this downloaded one

seems to have worked and category tree is available again (for now !)

Malk,

Thanks for your post. Your problem might have gone forever now, but I leave my comment here for future prestashoppers. I did {almost} the same thing as Malk suggested:

Prestashop 1.4.7.0

-> ajax errors for manufacturer and other stuff in backend

-> frustration

-> replaced admin/ajax.php with an older version's ajax.php

-> Immediately worked.

I signed out/in, cleared browser (FF 10.0.2 - Ubuntu Linux) and everything is fine now. Page loads 3 times faster though... :)

Thanks again!

• 8 months later...