Lots of problems since upgrading from 1.3.0.1 to 1.4.5.1

Hi there, I have a store which that I run for a client and it was set up 2 years ago, using MySQL4 and Prestashop 1.3.0.1.

It has been running fine until few weeks ago when it started to crash and time out all of the time.

I have said I would upgrade the store for my client to the latest version of Prestashop.

I did this by backing up the site, uploading fresh version, copying over the config files etc. and it is now up and running again.

Main problems i have are as follows:

Back Office - The welcome page here now says 'Tab cannot be found.' as does the Appearance tab.

Front Office - The categories were missing but I managed to fix this by uploading the older version of some folders in Modules.

What has majorly gone wrong is the shipping costs. It is set by weight so that items

0.28kg to 0.35kg result in a £5 shipping cost then

0.36kg to 3.5kg is £11,

3.6kg to 7kg is £14 and

7.1kg to 18kg is £25.

When adding just one item to my basket now (item weighs 0.35kg so should be £5) the shipping jumps straight to £25. If I add one more item (making total of 0.7kg) it correctly goes to £11.

Is this a known glitch? I have checked the Shipping settings and they all seem fine, have even altered and re-saved but still no joy.

Can anyone help of these issues please?

If you had followed the recommended upgrade process you would likely have had less issues. You can read about it HERE

Regarding the shipping the first thing that jumps out is an error in your weight ranges. Your current weight ranges have gaps. The weight ranges are inclusive/exclusive which basically means from value 1 up to and including value 2, from but excluding value 2, up to and including value 3 etc.

In this case you should set the ranges up like this:

0.28kg to 0.35kg

0.35kg to 3.5kg

3.5kg to 7kg

7.0kg to 18kg

The shipping cost jumps to the highest price as a result of the 'Out of range behaviour' setting in Carriers. Although your example product is .35kg and falls within your first weight range, because the rest of the weight ranges are incorrect it may be throwing this error.