Positioning on Products Pages

Can someone explain how to position modules on the Products Pages? My actual product information is parsing way down at the bottom of the content area, below: categories block, previewed products block, and some other block I can't even identify. I don't want to have to disable those modules/blocks but they shouldn't parse right up at the top of the content area. People coming to the page have to scroll down (if the bother) to see the product info.

Jhnstcks:

Thanks for the suggestion. But the response below that you pointed me to isn't going to do it. My {$HOOK_PRODUCT_FOOTER} is already immediately above Customizable products.

"Simply move {$HOOK_PRODUCT_FOOTER} on line 326 of product.tpl down to just before the <!-- Customizable products --> on line 390."

The problem seems to be that everything in the left column is parsing right in the center of the page. Columns aren't parsing. In all fairness, I'm not using the default theme I'm trying to use Velvet Sky from Smashing Magazine. It's supposed to have right and left columns, but not parsing. Modifying the tpl file is over my head.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.