[Solved] New Laguage -> no category names .... id ....

Hello,

i installed your great e-shop v0.9.7 but i have a problem.

I installed the italian translation manualy because the importfunction is buggy.

Now I have a Italian frontend and a italian backend just the tabs are english but this is ok.

The problem:

When i use Italian as backend language i dont see anymore the names of the categorys and articles addet in another language e.g english i see only the ones i have addet using the italian language.

In the frontend choosing the italian language i see only the articles and categorys i addet in the backend in italian.

The biggest problem is that it will not save the price i entered in the backend!

Any sugestions, how to solve this problem?

Greatz out of sizily!

Pietro

Hi 6unico

Concerning your first issue, while creating products or categories or whatever in a multilingual field, it require the default language name, others are optionals :P

Adding to this that if Italian language does not exist when they are created, their italian name will be missing :-

So when you add a new language such as italian, all existing text data will be missing for this new language.

To solve it, just go to Back Office >> Tools >> Translations >> Copy

and copy translation from English to Italian ;)

Reversing the problem, after adding a new language, making it the default one, translations doesn't existing so you we'll see only "Italian products".

The only way to solve it is to enter manually for each product its translations.

About your last and worse trouble, could you upgrade to the v1.0 RC1 and report us if this upgrade solve it please?

Hello Matthieu,

thank you for your answer! I downloaded 1.0 today and it works fine the upgrade solved my problem with the prices!

Congratulations for your great work!

I prefare Prestashop to Magento now for my clothingshop.

Greatings from Sicily!

Pietro

Hello Matthieu,

it´s one more time me.

So far everything seems to be fine but then, i tried to translate the shippingoption "Pick up in-store", when i saved the translation it was inverse. that meens that i have my translatet option in my english backend and vice versa. I tried one more time to remake it but no chance.

I think the Multilanguage functionality has many bugs.

Please help me!

Pietro

• 1 month later...

Hi 6unico

I just checked and succeed to translate this text :P

The bug seems solved ;)

Hello Matthieu,

it´s one more time me.

So far everything seems to be fine but then, i tried to translate the shippingoption "Pick up in-store", when i saved the translation it was inverse. that meens that i have my translatet option in my english backend and vice versa. I tried one more time to remake it but no chance.

I think the Multilanguage functionality has many bugs.

Please help me!

Pietro