Finding Smarty3 Compatible Themes

HI everybody,

I wonder if anybody knows a way that you can check whether a template is compatible with Smarty3 before you purchase it? I've wasted a lot of time, energy and money working on a template that wasn't and it's been a complete nightmare.

Now I'm having to start from scratch and the place I usually get my templates from (template monster) tells me that their Prestashop templates are not Smarty3 compatible! This is despite some of the templates (not the one I was working on last time) requiring Prestashop 1.4.4x to run! Is this right? Can a template claim to need Prestashop 1.4.4x and not be Smarty3 compatible?

Are there any other good sources of Smarty3 templates for Prestashop? Or is Template Monster just incompetent and doesn't know whether its templates are or aren't Smarty3 compatible? Is there some kind of tool that can check whether a site uses Smarty3 or an older version?

Any help would be much appreciated. We'd really like to get rolling on this project. We've wasted so much time it's not worth thinking about!

Thanks,

Samantha