Add product automatically based on selections

Hi,

I'm Using PS 1.4.4 and have applied some core modifications that Tomer provided (Presto-Changeo), this enabled me to get drop downs for selective additional items on products, this is wokring great and I'm making some changes to allow certain products to get the drop downs and other not dependent on what they are.

I now have a need to be able to add an extra product to the cart based on a product selection automatically.

e.g.

Client selects various items for the shirt, such as colour, size, print colour etc they also want a custom saying. So they select a radio button for the custom saying instead of the provided sayings in the drop down, they then fill in the custom saying - on add to cart - this text and the other product items are added to the cart - what I also want to do is add an extra product that covers the cost of the extra work for the custom saying.

i.e. Blue Shirt, Size Large, Qty x 2, Print Colour Blue, Custom Saying of "PS Rules!" - when they add to cart, there would be two products - one for the shirt and the other for the costs for the custom saying as an example, the shirt would cost $23 and I want to add $2 for the custom saying. (It's this latter piece I want to have done automatically)

thanks in advance

Andre

• 4 years later...

He would be able to do what he wants using Attribute Wizard Pro from PrestoChango.

The module adds text box as an attribute and you can make prices changes based on if someone entered text or not.

The part about pressing a radio button to make the text box appear is conditional attributes and no module does that -- I haven't looked recently but it is something I want so I look every so often. For his example that step isn't that important -- just the text box is all he needs -- blank being no customization and any text being a price increase.

The module also adds file upload which can also be used for price changes should you want to allow people to customize by adding a image.