[Solved]SQL 2008

I am installing PrestaShop on a Windows 2008 server; however I wish to use an instance of SQL 2008 as I have it installed for other items. Is this supported, has anyone been successful in doing this and if so how.

At the moment I am stuck on the second screen as Mysql is not installed

Thanks in advance.

As I received no replies to this topic I installed MySQL on my server. All looked fine but when I tried to connect to the database in stage 3 of the install it failed with an error “unable to find database server etc” after looking through old posts and searching the web I was unable to come up with a fix for this.

Conclusion:- this produce will not sit on a windows 2008 server using IIS 7 and Mysql without considerable work and effort. If at all.

Unless anyone can offer a solution for this platform I will be looking to try a different route for using this product.

Ok I had a good crack at it over the week end and found the following. I could use the database MySQL (default) but not the instance I created. That was fine.

After that stage it would not go to step three after testing the email. Problem was that the database root password was too complicated.

Few minor items after that but nothing to stop the system being usable after some tweaking with the carrier. Also I had to disable the ajax shopping cart function to stop an error popping up everytime an item was purchased.

It has been a long haul but I have arrived with a working system