Tax Rules not saving...

Chaniyth

Hi all,

We're having issues with Tax Rules saving... we are currently using PrestaShop™ 1.4.4.1.

We need to charge sales tax from 2 different states so we made a Tax Rule called "Warehouse Locations"; we goto Payments then Tax Rules click on "Add New" and name it "Warehouse Locations".

Next, we goto "North America" and scroll to California and choose "Apply State Tax Only" and then select "Sales-Taxes US-CA 8.25%" from the drop down and then do the same for Texas with the "Sales-Taxes US-TX 6.25%". When we click on save, it's not actually saving anything.

Another forum user seems to be having the same issue as well, however "no one" supposedly from the PrestaTeam could replicate the error. However we're experiencing the same issue as that user. Anyone know what we can do to resolve this issue ASAP? Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

Please? Anyone? We've reinstalled PrestaShop and started over from scratch with a new database and the problem still exists. If we can't find a fix for this soon we are going to give OpenCart a try as it allows for multiple state tax rates just like ZenCart does.

We love alot of the modules that PrestaShop comes with by default [birthday gifting, loyalty program, etc] however if we can't get this tax issue fixed then the cart is pointless for us to use.

Thanks in advance for any help, and/or information.

Seems like we will be giving OpenCart a try, and will try PrestaShop around the beginning of the year on a testing server. We look forward to future PrestaShop releases however, as it is a powerful open source shopping cart solution, hopefully they will include a more refined Tax rules in future releases [such as multiple tax rates (simular to it's functionality in Zen Cart, OpenCart, etc)].

• 3 weeks later...

I have been able to edit the tax rules by going to Back Office > Payment > Tax Rules then clicking the edit button next to the rule I want to change. However, after changing the tax rule, the price is not updated with the tax. I was hoping to get the price updated with the tax included and for the words "tax included" to be added to the product page on the live shop. That has not happened yet. I am still trying to figure it out. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

• 1 month later...

exact problem happening here...

our problem (is yours) is that we moved our taxing countries states to custom zones.

ref: http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFI-3453

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.5.1

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Fri Jun 3 00:02:40 MSD 2011 i686

Server software version: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

PHP version: 5.3.8

MySQL version: 5.0.77

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Prestashop 1.4.9

Sorry to wake up this post but I have exactly the same problem especially with Canada and some other countries as well.

I have created a post here (french language):

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/293484-r%C3%A8gles-de-taxes-impossible-de-sauvegarder-des-changements/

Anyone solved the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Edited by sajou (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/5/2016 at 8:27 PM, ruxi2k said:

Any solution.

I have two stores named "Rest of the World" and "USA and Canada". When I am trying to add the Tax rule in "USA and Canada" store then it is giving me following reply :

"An error has occurred: Can't save the current tax rule". Can anybody please help. I have also attached screenshots for reference . Thank you in advance.

Tax Rules   PrestaShop™(1).png

Tax Rules   PrestaShop™(2).png