uninstall PrestaShop 1.4 alternative

You now have to activate the theme, then arrange the positions of your modules if they are in the wrong locations. Right now you have the default theme active with modules from the Alt theme active. go to your back office and click the "preference" tab then "appearance" then scroll down to the small screen shots of your themes installed and select the "Alt" theme re-fresh you browser.

You now have to activate the theme, then arrange the positions of your modules if they are in the wrong locations. Right now you have the default theme active with modules from the Alt theme active. go to your back office and click the "preference" tab then "appearance" then scroll down to the small screen shots of your themes installed and select the "Alt" theme re-fresh you browser.

Thats what I though would happen, but under preferences only have the "prestashop" and the "prestashopcopy" I did. Nothing else is there.

I used the theme install module. I downloaded zip file to my pc, then used the "Import from your computer" and did Next... Next without even changing the options selected by default (not to ruin the installations, but apparently it got ruined any way :))

Could you check on your ftp the folder /prestashop/themes/ and check for any prestashop_alt folder ?

When you install prestasop_alt :

These modules are installed with prestashop_alt

- blockcategoriestop

- blockheaderlogos

- blockadhome

- blocksearchcenter

These modules are deactivated with prestashop_alt

- editorial

- blockadvertising

- blockbestsellers

- blockmanufacturer

- blockmyaccount

- blocknewproducts

- blockpaymentlogo

- blocksearch

- blockspecials

- blocktags

- blockviewed

- blockstore

These modules are activated with prestashop_alt

- homefeatured

- gsitemap

- blockcart

- blockcategories

- blockcurrencies

- blockcms

- blocklanguages

- blockpermanentlinks

- blockuserinfo

- statsdata

- themeinstallator

So you should deactivate the modules installed with prestashop_alt and activate those desactivated by prestashop_alt.

go to your prestashop theme folder copy the "preview theme image" and then go to "alt theme" folder and paste in the "preview" image upload it to your server and then look again in the back office I bet you can see the "Alt theme" to select under "appearance"

this has happened to me before

listen if you have installed the theme but can not see it in the back office to activate it put this image inside the theme folder your trying to see, this will allow you to see the installed theme and activate it in the back office so that your using the new theme, if this file isn't in that folder your website will continue to look like the default theme and display the other theme's modules at the same time. I have had the same problem in the past and this is how i fixed it!

post-149621-0-65531800-1316131557_thumb.jpg

As I told before under themes/ there isn't any directory for the new theme.

Is there any way to save current items already in store in a new instalation? I would like to try and re-install and try to install new themes again, but saving the items in there, so that my friend doesn't have to insert them all again.

Thanks

Are you looking in the "local folders" or in the "server side folders" the newly uploaded files will be in the server side. If you have installed the theme via the "theme installer module" located in the back office try FTP the new theme straight to the "theme folder on your server with filezilla or Dreamweaver or wiseFTP, either zipped or un-zipped (Zipped will be faster upload) if you FTP the folder zipped to the server you'll have to unarchive it on the server before you can see the new theme in back office. Don't worry about saving the current configuration if it's there it's there already (Modules) uploading a new theme isn't going to negate the old stuff however it may revert to the newest when activated in back office. What are you using for FTP client again? And your hosting provider is who? If you can include a screen shot of your "Server Side" folders. It' possible if you FTP the files you may have placed them in the wrong folder.

Nop, under themes on FTP only have my prestashop and prestashopCopy.

I guess new install is in order :P well, my friend has done several changes already in positions, visible modules, etc.. I guess he will have to redo :)

prestashop and prestashopcopy- is this a copy of the hole prestashop folder? did you perhaps upload the theme to the wrong folder?

Hi,

I didn't upload anything, I used the online module to install. I'm only checking server side:) I could try to upload the zip file and try to install the theme, but at this stage I think I'm more interested in a new installation (10minutes) and then playing around trying to install couple themes again so I know in future I wont have any problems.

Like I asked, any change of keeping items already there (maybe some expert/import system that prestashop has)?