Crawl Errors

Andy1

Hi,

I have just logged into my Google Webmaster Account and I notice I have the following crawl errors:

In Sitemaps = 1

Not Found = 33

Restricted by robots.txt = 21

The 'Not Found' errors I can deal with as these are pages I have removed from the site, but need to use the URL removal tool to removed them from Google.

I don't know why I have an error in the sitemap, and I am very concerened about the 21 pages restricted by the robots.txt file.

I thought you only had a robot.txt file if you wanted google to ignore certain pages. I haven't set the robots.txt file so not sure why this has happened. Within the 21 pages are some products and also the manufactures list etc

Does anyone know how I can remove the crawl errors from 'Restricted by robots.txt' and the 'In Sitemaps'

Many Thanks

Andy

The 'Not Found' errors I can deal with as these are pages I have removed from the site, but need to use the URL removal tool to removed them from Google.

I don't know why I have an error in the sitemap, and I am very concerened about the 21 pages restricted by the robots.txt file.

I thought you only had a robot.txt file if you wanted google to ignore certain pages. I haven't set the robots.txt file so not sure why this has happened. Within the 21 pages are some products and also the manufactures list etc

Does anyone know how I can remove the crawl errors from 'Restricted by robots.txt' and the 'In Sitemaps'

Many Thanks

Andy