Move whole Prestashop to diffrent server / Won't set up everything new

Hi,

I do have a question concerning all security aspects which are hiding inside the prestashop configuration.
Last time I've tried to move a complete prestashop web-shop to a diffrent server, but it does not worked right. Even when I changed "settings.inc.php" and the configuration db, which should match. The shop wouldn't work.

Does anyone ever tried do move a shop? What did I do wrong?
or
Who can explain the security checks on prestashop startup?

Thanks in advance

Well, my thought was tahat I easily copy the same data (database & files) from a testing system on a productive system.

But this doesn't worked out so far. Only if you install the shop from scratch, install all modules an may copy all category data as well as product data - it will work.

My wish is to learn more about the security checks in the background.
Can anyone tell me/us?

Dear People,

Those of you who are getting blank pages/white screens and those of who have made sure all configurations are right, please check if your new hosting service provider is providing PHP5.

If PHP5 is not supported, please contact your hosting provider for more details.

Cheers..
Cronos

Hi,

Check your settings.inc.php file properly.

Usually that is the culprit.

I moved my installation from local to production server without a glitch.

I got a blank page first, but then it was just a PHP5 issue and an .htaccess file solved the issue.

If you need any help in setting up the settings.inc.php, please save the following code as info.php and upload onto your sever to get information of your server.

<?phpinfo(); ?>

Then post the URL for info.php here and we can easily help you out for settings.inc.php

Cheers..
Cronos

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...