Selling Tickets

On my shop I'd like to offer the facility to book tickets to events that we run.

This would require customers to be able to enter certain information on a product, some of this can be got around with multiple attribute options (such as which days they want to book for) but some will require them to be able to enter text (such as membership number)

Is this the sort of thing that'll be able to be done with the "Product Customisation" feature that's coming in 1.0?

Thanks again for all the help you've given in the past and for making this fantastic shop system!

James

Hi James,

The text entered by the customer (e.g., membership number): Is it merely input text to be printed on the ticket, or other purposes?  OR are you referring to some kind of code (e.g., membership numer) to be entered during purchase in order to authorize their purchase?  If the latter, then the Voucher feature (Back Office >> Payment >> Discounts) could easily be used for that.

If the former, then the answer is yes, the text-only product customization feature coming in v1.0 will allow the simple entry of text with relation to the purchased product.

Or have I misunderstood entirely?

Nope that was exactly what I was looking for ;D

It's just so that the customer can give us the information we need to process their entry to the event. Such as the address they want the ticket sent to might be different to their billing address or delivery address for the rest of their purchase, the bulk of what we'd need can already be done through the attribute options but this will just finish it off nicely :D

Thanks again!

James