[Solved] Frontend not loading after install

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem getting my Presta install working correctly. My site was originally created with 1.4.4.0 and was working fine for about a week. I am not sure what happened but when I tried to access the front end last week Thursday it wouldn't load correctly. All that comes up is a black rectangle where my logo was and a horizontal line rule below this.

I spoke to my hosting provider to try and fix the problem but they couldn't get it right so I re-installed Presta as its a brand new site. This however hasn't fixed the problem either. I can access the backend without any problems but still cannot get the frontend to load. I have even opened another hosting account with another provider now and I am having the same problem there.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

I have enabled the debug mode through Smarty (hope thats the correct way). I can't find anything that seems to be giving an error in the debug popup window. Is there something specific that I need to look for?

Ok so I have now tried 1.4.4, 1.4.3 and 1.3.7 and get the same problem each time. I also have this problem on two different hosting providers. Starting to think its something going wrong from my side but cannot figure out what it could be.

I cant find anything in the debugging that looks like a problem but the site simply wont load.

I have found that the frontend is in fact working just not the index.php page. I can access sitemap and other areas of the store. My logo still will not show up either but instead I just get a black rectangle where it should be.

I found a few thijngs to try on these forums, one about the index.php not updating and an update to the .htaccess file but neither fixed the problem.

I still cannot find an error even with it switched on in the settings file.

Perhaps somebody could have a look at my store and let me know: www.foxcompshop.co.za

Thanks in advance :)

Ok so I am done talking to myself now :)

Thanks to sillikaoo who found the most random of solutions in another post.

What worked for me was to install the full version with all moduels and not the basic version. I also followed his intructions and made sure to load both the back-end and front-end before deleting the install files.