1&1;.com and Friendly URL

After spending many difficult hours talking to terrible customer support techs, I was able to go though a number of forum messages here and piece together what I need to get Friendly URLs working on 1and1 hosting site.

Hope this help all my other fellow hosting members on 1and1.

Just cut and paste below text into the .htaccess file

# php5 for 1and 1
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

# URL rewriting rules
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ product.php?id_product=$1$3 [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ category.php?id_category=$1$3 [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ supplier.php?id_supplier=$1$3 [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1$3 [QSA]

# Catch 404 errors
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

• 1 year later...

rp,

By any chance, are you using the Linux shared hosting package, or another package like VPS or dedicated?

I agree that it's quite a task to piece together all the right tid bits of advice to comprise a final solution to this common issue. Any extra info about what made your environment work with these Presta friendly URLs would be much appreciated.

Your post was pretty succinct, I just keep running into many such posts and yet I've still to get out of this rut with my 1and1 Linux "Developer" shared hosting package.

Thanks,

Vo

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I've also got a 1and1 linux package and tried the below to get the friendly names to work, it creates the new friendly names ok in the address bar but just gives a 404 error on the actual page?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon