SEO - Google not found

vintage-daisy

I have had my site up for approx 2 months but I don't seem to of been found by search engines etc. I can't afford to pay for SEO but need some very simple solutions and help... I'm not an expert so please keep any advise simple! Starting to lose sleep as I really need to earn some money from this now! Many Thanks

Have you submitted your site to google and the other engines for indexing? This can sometimes take a while for the bots to crawl. I believe another way of doing it is by linking to another site that ranks well in google. I submitted my site to google and had no problems getting it indexed relatively quickly. I am sure there are more experienced members that can advise further.

You might be better putting this in the relevant part of the forum as well for better responses as if I recall there is a specific area for SEO related queries.

Good Luck

Have you submitted your site to google and the other engines for indexing? This can sometimes take a while for the bots to crawl. I believe another way of doing it is by linking to another site that ranks well in google. I submitted my site to google and had no problems getting it indexed relatively quickly. I am sure there are more experienced members that can advise further.

You might be better putting this in the relevant part of the forum as well for better responses as if I recall there is a specific area for SEO related queries.

Good Luck

Thanks, yes submitted to google, I am struggling to verify my account though, unsure how to do this despite many attempts slowly pulling my hair out now! thanks for the advise :D

Good Luck

Thanks, yes submitted to google, I am struggling to verify my account though, unsure how to do this despite many attempts slowly pulling my hair out now! thanks for the advise :D

Yep, Google & Prestashop can be pretty frustrating especially for us Newbies! Do you mean actually verifying your google account or adding google analytics to your website?

Good Luck

Yep, Google & Prestashop can be pretty frustrating especially for us Newbies! Do you mean actually verifying your google account or adding google analytics to your website?

verifying my website with google.... I'm starting to lose faith in this now :(

Good Luck

Will try help, as I know how frustrating it can be. Did you receive an e-mail from them after signing up?

Follow instructions on below link:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34592

If I remember correctly it will give you a number of options on how to upload verification code once you have logged in and clicked verify website.

once you have logged in to your google account as per above instructions what options does it give you?

Good Luck

Will try help, as I know how frustrating it can be. Did you receive an e-mail from them after signing up?

If I remember correctly it will give you a number of options on how to upload verification code once you have logged in and clicked verify website.

once you have logged in to your google account as per above instructions what options does it give you?

these are my options...

Recommended: Upload an HTML file to your server

You can use this option if you are able to upload new files to your site.

Instructions:

1. Download this HTML verification file. [google*********]

2. Upload the file to http://www.mywebsite.com/

3. Confirm successful upload by visiting http://www.mywebsite.com/google********.html in your browser.

4. Click Verify below.

To stay verified, don't remove the HTML file, even after verification succeeds.

or

Add a meta tag to your site's home page

Use your Google Analytics account

Add a DNS record to your domain's configuration

I so confused!

Good Luck

these are my options...

Instructions:

3. Confirm successful upload by visiting http://www.mywebsite.com/google********.html in your browser.

4. Click Verify below.

or

I so confused!

:) don't be, if I recall this is quite straight forward now - I found the easiest is to use the 'download this html verification file' method and then ftp it directly to your root folder. Are you familiar with using the ftp of files to your root folder?

• Like 1

Good Luck

these are my options...

Instructions:

4. Click Verify below.

or

I so confused!

:) don't be, if I recall this is quite straight forward now - I found the easiest is to use the 'download this html verification file' method and then ftp it directly to your root folder. Are you familiar with using the ftp of files to your root folder?

no sorry, wouldn't know where to start :(

I am using prestabox, (very basic) so not sure if I can do this?

Sorry, If it was your own sight I might of been able to assist but I am completely unfamiliar with the Prestabox. I would possibly contact presta support and I am sure they could assist if no other more experienced members reply.

Good Luck, hope you manage to get it resolved.