Error: Unable To Save Update Quantity

We are having some problems when updating the quantity of products at the checkout-page.

Whenever we use the +/- buttons, we are given an error like this:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity

Details:

Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]

Text status: error

It results in customers only allowed to buy one of each product.

We are using Prestashop 1.4.2.5 with OPC and an Ajax-enabled cart-module.

Anyone who have experienced something similar? Could it be solved by updating Prestashop to the latest version?

Thanks in advance.

OK, don't despair :) First turn off the performance optimizations so I can see the page w/o modifications (Back Office > Preferences > Performance) Force compile = yes, cache =no and in CCC section keep everything as original. Once you do that I will check it again.

OK, sorry but I am out of solutions. When you click +- buttons an ajax call is made to server. This call is failing but there is no way to debug this from the client side. I noticed you are running 1.4.2.5. You can try to update 1.4.4.0 and hopefully that will resolve it.

OK, sorry but I am out of solutions. When you click +- buttons an ajax call is made to server. This call is failing but there is no way to debug this from the client side. I noticed you are running 1.4.2.5. You can try to update 1.4.4.0 and hopefully that will resolve it.

Thank you very much for your effort. We will try to see if an update could solve it. Again thanks for your help

One last check. Make sure Back Office > Preferences > SEO & URLs > URLs Setup > Shop domain name and Back Office > Preferences > SEO & URLs > URLs Setup > Shop domain name for SSL both contain something and that they are correct.

Well, it seems I owe you one. The problem is solved and was related to differences between the domain name and the secure domain name - the first with www in front at the latter without.

Thank you very much for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

add following line theme->prestashop->js-> cart-summary.js

in $(document).ready(function()

baseDir="yoursite.com"

Following upgrade to 1.4.7.0 was getting the previously reported error

"ERROR: unable to save update quantity"

Added

baseDir="www.yoursite.com"

as Vivek pointed out above, and all working fine now.

Had tried ALL other suggestions, but this is only one that worked for me.

Thank you Vivek Tripathi for helping with this.

• 4 months later...

add following line theme->prestashop->js-> cart-summary.js

in $(document).ready(function()

baseDir="yoursite.com"

I too had this problem after implementing SSL and tried vivek suggestion.

This removed the "Technical error" but created another strange problem. I removed and repeated the line addition twice to make sure.

When you go to check you, in the page "Address" ( look at the progression bar ) , right before the Shipping page, the delivery and billing addresses disappear. I just see to narrow empty boxes.

Anyone seen this?

• 1 year later...

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity

Details:

Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

I receive the above error message when I try to increase the number of products in my cart past the set carrier weight ranges when the following settings are true:

Shipping > Carriers > Out-of-range behavior: Disable Carrier

If I change the out-of-range behavior setting to "Apply the cost of the highest defined range" then the error does not occur.

Anyone else reporting the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?