Seo Help Asap Please!!

texasdonald

Hi

I have been given SEO work on a prestashop site.

I dont have a ton of experience with on-site seo but I assumed all of the CMS's allow you to change the H1/H2 tags etc and so on. So I said I would do it.

Now that I have access to the prestashop admin, I can see that all you can change is meta tags and descriptions. Does this mean I need access to the hosting cpanel in order to make the proper seo changes?? If so I will have to ask them for it.

If so, I'm totally stuck as I don't know how to do that or what to do with all the code when I have access to it.

Any help/advice is MUCH appreciated.

Should I be able to rank for a <1k exact search term without adding header tags

The best way to get your Prestashop SEO Optimized is by adding the correct categories, descriptions, product tags, and so on. It automatically generates the meta "description", the <title> and the product/cms titles always are on <h1><h2> (althought you change that on the theme files).

I work with prestashop daily and I am really happy with the SEO results without making big changes to the source code. You shouldn't be bothered like that.

Good luck.

The best way to get your Prestashop SEO Optimized is by adding the correct categories, descriptions, product tags, and so on. It automatically generates the meta "description", the <title> and the product/cms titles always are on <h1><h2> (althought you change that on the theme files).

I work with prestashop daily and I am really happy with the SEO results without making big changes to the source code. You shouldn't be bothered like that.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

Its just that Ive been given the site as it is, and the title tag and so on are not optimised for the right keyword so I'm going to struggle getting the homepage to rank.

When you say adding the 'correct' categories, what exactly do you mean?

Could you explain what you mean by "the <title> and the product/cms titles always are on <h1><h2> (althought you change that on the theme files)."

Also, how do I access the theme files? Would I need to ask them for the host cpanel log in?

I mentioned what you suggest here, editing the tile tag in the theme files, but he started making me paranoid by going on about backing up pages, .htaccess problems (whatever this is?), and so on. Also something about how since it is dynamically generating a title tag, I would need to create another template page to override this function or use a php statement to override it.

None of this means a thing to me!

Thanks again

You have to create the "Categories" that you place your "products" in to. Both "Categories" and "products" have areas you can edit the SEO for each category or product that will help with the SEO for it.

You can also download "Google Site map" free and Also check out another free module called "Google Base Feed" this will generate a .XML file in your root folder that you can then use to upload to "google's feed" that will display your products in the "Shopping" section of google.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

You have to create the "Categories" that you place your "products" in to. Both "Categories" and "products" have areas you can edit the SEO for each category or product that will help with the SEO for it.

You can also download "Google Site map" free and Also check out another free module called "Google Base Feed" this will generate a .XML file in your root folder that you can then use to upload to "google's feed" that will display your products in the "Shopping" section of google.

Good Luck!

The homepage doesn't seem to be treat like the other categories though. Products seem to have much more options for seo stuff than categories. If I can't do more for the homepage then I will be making life a lot harder for myself when doing seo.

the site I am working on was set up a while back. even still, I don't see anywhere to edit title tags, just meta tags? How do I edit title tags? I can ask a programmer to do it for me if someone just lets me know what I should be asking him to do, I assume it is something in the source files?

I keep reading warnings about how to do backups/affecting .htaccess so need info on any precautions I should be taking too.

Thanks for the reply.

Its just that Ive been given the site as it is, and the title tag and so on are not optimised for the right keyword so I'm going to struggle getting the homepage to rank.

When you say adding the 'correct' categories, what exactly do you mean?

Could you explain what you mean by "the <title> and the product/cms titles always are on <h1><h2> (althought you change that on the theme files)."

Also, how do I access the theme files? Would I need to ask them for the host cpanel log in?

I mentioned what you suggest here, editing the tile tag in the theme files, but he started making me paranoid by going on about backing up pages, .htaccess problems (whatever this is?), and so on. Also something about how since it is dynamically generating a title tag, I would need to create another template page to override this function or use a php statement to override it.

None of this means a thing to me!

Thanks again

Hello Again,

1. With "correct" I mean the most suitable words, nothing special (not everyone has the "keywords tagging" capability).

2. The titles are always with the right html (<h*>). If you want to change the source code you will need to ask them for and ftp account. You only need access to the "*server-withPS*/themes/" folder and then change Product.tpl, Category.tpl, etc.

3. The .htaccess issues won't be a problem here. Prestashop takes the product's name and the Nº of the category to generate the pattern of SEO-friendly urls. Maybe you can change that... but don't worry about the theme files (like changing <h2> to <h1>, the DB does the job).