Imported Existing DataBase into New PrestaShop Installation... Products Not Showing Up

I had issue with my PrestaShop and updating it would not fix the problem, so I completely reinstalled a clean version of the latest PrestaShop. I imported my database backup into it, but it would not let me log into the back office. So, after 3 days of non-stop work on it, I came to the conclusion that I was going to need to import the database first, then reinstall the PrestShop but this time with a different pre-fix so that I have copies of both old database and new database in the database. Then, I manually renamed just the tables that had product, customer, etc information in it to the new prefix. This worked like a charm for customer information, vouchers, etc. But, it does not work for my categories and products! In the database, I can see my products, but in the back office, they are no where to be found. Also, I cannot even create a new category or product without getting an error. So, how do I get my back office to recognize the table it should pull the categories from and why did it have no problem recognizing the customer tables?

Thanks! Let me know if you need clarification on any of this.