How to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4?

Hi, this is the first time i want to upgrade. Does anyone know how to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4? Is it click an automatic update but where is the button? Do i still need to backup all of my data? Can you show me step by step to update because i don't want to loss all the page,setting and module that i had uploaded and edited or any error occur. It is quite painful to do it all over again.

Hi, this is the first time i want to upgrade. Does anyone know how to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4? Is it click an automatic update but where is the button? Do i still need to backup all of my data? Can you show me step by step to update because i don't want to loss all the page,setting and module that i had uploaded and edited or any error occur. It is quite painful to do it all over again.

In my signature area of my post you can find a link to my site and download my free video upgrade guide the video is only a few minute and shows the basic steps to upgrading your shop, and No it's not an automatic upgrade like wordpress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi goodboy88,

You can find in the Wiki the update process :

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_and_Updating_PrestaShop_software/

Do not forget to back up your database and your site before updating.

I had problem upload prestashop folder onto my server. The first time when i upload when on it half ways 1 file fail to upload which is something on translation/en file. Then i decided to stop the entire process and delete prestashop folder on my server.

Now my webpage got problem. When i'm at my homepage everything show up as normal however when i browse through to individual product the categories do not show up and when i click the product picture it did not show up as per normal. For example when i click on the product picture it directly show up the picture only instead of showing a box with the picture. I'm using default theme. How to fix this problem? If i update prestashop will this problem fix? Besides i think it might be virus in behind it because my antivirus program pop up virus notification everytime when i open my website? How to solve it?

Since this problem occur i decided to update my prestashop again in the hope that the problem will solve. Again i redo the prestashop folder and try to upload again. And the problem occur again. This time more file fail to upload which is "/public_html/prestashop/js/jquery-ui-1.8.10.custom.min.js", "...modules statsbestcategories/index.php" and etc. The reason stated in file zilla is timeout. Should i ignore this problem? How to upload if it is time out?

In the mean time i decided to delete the prestashop folder again on my server because i want my web url to show www.myshop.com instead of www.myshop.com/prestashop after the update. Can i directly copy prestashop sub folder and file and paste it on to /public_html/ to overwrite my previous prestashop file to update?

Now the virus problem is fix. Some problem still occur.

1st Problem:

1) Categories not show when browse into individual product.

2) Under the individual product, the picture isn't display correctly when click on it. Example when click on it, it display only the picture instead of pop up a small window to display the picture bigger.

How to fix this? If i update to version 1.4.4 from 1.4.3 will it fix?

2nd Problem:

During my upload there are some file that i had fail to upload using file zilla. File /translation/en/admin.php and etc fail to upload. Should i ignore this problem?

Yes the 1st problem is already fix. I thought i had totally clean up all the virus but not. Now it is totally clean up i think because the picture display do not have problem anymore.

Now the 2nd problem which is During my upload there are some file that i had fail to upload using file zilla. File /translation/en/admin.php and etc fail to upload. There consist of a total of 8 files that fail to upload using file zilla Should i ignore this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now the virus problem is fix. Some problem still occur.

1st Problem:

1) Categories not show when browse into individual product.

2) Under the individual product, the picture isn't display correctly when click on it. Example when click on it, it display only the picture instead of pop up a small window to display the picture bigger.

How to fix this? If i update to version 1.4.4 from 1.4.3 will it fix?

2nd Problem:

During my upload there are some file that i had fail to upload using file zilla. File /translation/en/admin.php and etc fail to upload. Should i ignore this problem?

Try to regenerate the images