1.4.4 - European VAT number Module - Automatically charge VAT?

I've been reading threads for some time now about the various ways developers have implemented EU Vat rules and was pleased to see the inclusion of a new module in 1.4.

I have enabled it and it does request a VAT number from the countries I specify for users purchasing within the EU, but outwith the seller country.

My question:

Does the module automatically remove the vat from customers who have provided a VAT number?

(Or in reverse, does it charge customers who do not provide a VAT number?)

That is the way I wish the shop to operate and I assume the module should work like that way too, but I can't get it to remove the VAT charges for customers who have provided the VAT number correctly.

Has anyone else had any success in this matter?

• Like 1

Its a bit confusing and not well documented and here it is how it works.

IF you use vat for customer - it has to be charged

if you use vat for company in your country - vat has to be charged

if you use vat for company in EU but not in your country - vat not charged.

To test it most users probably use test account with their country when vat has to be charged so they confuse it charges. Change the country of your test account to other EU country, logout and log in again and test, it will be without charged VAT.

• 5 years later...

To test it most users probably use test account with their country when vat has to be charged so they confuse it charges. Change the country of your test account to other EU country, logout and log in again and test, it will be without charged VAT.

Thats right but, after registration, my customers also need to log out and log back in before the prices are displayed without VAT and that's not going to happen. How can I fix this behaviour in prestashop 1.6.0.1?

yhanks!

• 6 months later...

Thats right but, after registration, my customers also need to log out and log back in before the prices are displayed without VAT and that's not going to happen. How can I fix this behaviour in prestashop 1.6.0.1?

yhanks!

Hello,

Did you resolved this?

Thanks,

C