Prestashop 1.4.4 ?

Hi

In my back office today i see version 1.4.4 available for download .Here the forum news and releases still says 1.4.3.

Should i try this?

I attach here the changelog from the download file.Seems really good with a lot of changes.

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

Hi

In my back office today i see version 1.4.4 available for download .Here the forum news and releases still says 1.4.3.

Should i try this?

I attach here the changelog from the download file.Seems really good with a lot of changes.

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

any problems after updating to 1.4.4 ?

Hi

Should i try this?

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

Hehe no not yet.Iam reading how to upgrade prestashop.Trying to test this on localhost.

Hi

Should i try this?

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

Hehe no not yet.Iam reading how to upgrade prestashop.Trying to test this on localhost.

Ok tried this on local host.Seems to work fine.Iam going to try this on live tonight.

indus

Hi

Should i try this?

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

Ok tried this on local host.Seems to work fine.Iam going to try this on live tonight.

indus

What instructions did you follow. The news says it will update automatically.

Hi

Should i try this?

CHANGELOG.zip

indus

indus

What instructions did you follow. The news says it will update automatically.

Hmm wait. it says this version enables to update to newer versions.So it probably means you can update from 1.4.4 to 1.5 in the future ? Do you see any option to update in your back office?

indus

Yes, hopefully the last time we have to update manually!

I'm upgrading tonight.

Ok i have finished updating to 1.4.4.Seems mostly the same with a few changes in BO and bug fixes.

There is now a checkbox to remove 'powered by PS' from the footer.

A new module about customer privacy information during login which is a checkbox which could be useful maybe,but i didnt find it useful.

Havent noticed any speed improvements yet.

One suggestion to those who upgrade, remember to turn cacheFS off in settings.inc.php file.I didnt get the welcome page after the install but my installation finished anyway.Gave some errors about cacheFS etc.

Later ran into memory issues with modules page not displaying.

I added a line in admin/tabs/adminmodules.php ini_set('memory_limit', '48M') to fix this issue.

Hope it helps someone.You can set it to 64 too but my host only allows 48M max.

indus