Help me understand Pretashop

Hi alll

I am fairly new to webdesign and was wondering if you could help me understand Pretashop a bit more.

Firstly my current situation that led me here is that I am designing and making a small e-commerce website in dreamweaver MX. I have been developing the interface, however, do not know enough to make a shopping cart and check out etc. So I was led here. The e-commerce site will not be going live however it still should work as it will be demonstrated.

My question's are:

1) Can my current website be used and Pretashop just be added as an add on.

2) Other than Dreamweaver MX what other software do I need?

3) Can any one link me to any tutorials please.

thanks

Hi andrwleong,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

1) Can my current website be used and Pretashop just be added as an add on.

You certainly can, although a solid knowledge of HTML and PHP is required because every case is different.  As an example, have a look at how Forum user sixhours integrated PrestaShop into her site:

http://www.sixhours.net/shop/

2) Other than Dreamweaver MX what other software do I need?

As FireDog says, Web coding software (anything from DreamWeaver MX to a simple text editor depending on your tastes) and image-editing software (e.g., PhotoShop, Fireworks, Gimp, etc.) should suffice for the creation, along with FTP software (FileZilla, Cyberduck) for managing the files on your hosting server.

3) Can any one link me to any tutorials please.

New documentation is coming with the release of PrestaShop v1.0, including a new Developer's Guide.