PrestaShop installed but homepage just shows 3 directories

Hi....I've installed PrestaShop 1.4 & it's ready to go !

On the hosting server there is a directory called my domain name and in the directory are three folders - webalizer, PrestaShop and modlogon. My shop is installed on "PrestaShop" and when I go to my homepage I just get a list of these 3 directories. When I click on PrestaShop I get into the site & it works ok. I can also go into the other 2 directories from here also.

Q : how do I make prestashop my home page so that clicking on domain name I go straight to shop ?

I'm not sure if this is a hosting issue or a PrestaShop issue ?

Also can you advise what privileges I should set on shop.

Any pointers appreciated !!

Ger.

Hello,

Can I ask you why you have installed prestashop on a directory (prestashop) and not on the root of your website? :D

If you want to keep prestashop over there and to redirect main domain to your prestashop directory, put this in .htaccess on the root of your website - not on prestashop folder (considering that you are running on a linux server)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.mydomain\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mydomain.com/subdirectory/ [R=301,L]

Hello...& thanks for quick reply !!

Don't know why I didn't put it in root directory...it was my first time to attempt the installation & I wasn't aware of the consequences !

w.r.t the code you sent...where do I locate the .htaccess file or do I create a new one ? I don't see it in any directory.

thks....Ger

.htaccess is a hidden file, in most of the ftp software you have an option to display those files.

The one prestadesigner is talking about should be in your root directory (not prestashop directory).

If you want to create a new one, you can create a new text document, paste the text given by prestadesigner and once you upload it on your ftp you rename the file to ".htaccess"

Thanks again for help !!

I created the file as a txt file , substituting my domain & directory details.
I ftp'd it to root directory and renamed it .htaccess.

When I log on to domain name I get an error message saying that there are too many redirects and that disabling cookies might help. I tried in in both Google Chrome & Firefox ...Firefox did not mention redirects but suggested a problem with cookies.

rgds....Ger