Installation 40 times and no dice

Hi,

I have installed the script the first time a week ago just testing it out and go it all set up with no problem.
Then I decided to not to use the script so I un installed it. and Started to use and different script. after a few days shopping around I found some very attractive themes to go with the prestashop script. SO I decided to reinstall it and would you beleave I did it the same way I done it the first time and nothing. Alls I keep getting is a blank screen with just the prestashop logo. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 40 times and still shows the same thing. ( Prestashop logo and a blank page) Can someone help me I think I may be setting the permissions wrong or something. Im not understanding what It is im doing wrong.

Please Help!

Alond

49347_Dod7kHn0sag5h2hW8rXW_t

Hi,

I have installed the script the first time a week ago just testing it out and go it all set up with no problem.
Then I decided to not to use the script so I un installed it. and Started to use and different script. after a few days shopping around I found some very attractive themes to go with the prestashop script. SO I decided to reinstall it and would you beleave I did it the same way I done it the first time and nothing. Alls I keep getting is a blank screen with just the prestashop logo. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 40 times and still shows the same thing. ( Prestashop logo and a blank page) Can someone help me I think I may be setting the permissions wrong or something. Im not understanding what It is im doing wrong.

Please Help!

Alond

Hi;
Could you open php error reporting by /prestashop root /config/config.inc.php (first and second lines after comments)
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

I think im not quite understanding how the permissions are suppose to be set.

I don't understand what has to be 777

Many of web servers require to set at least 755 for write a file in containing directory. Each module directories has a xml file (config.xml) that prestashop needs to read, update data in it. A directory 777 may cause many security issues because 777 means everyone can create files in the dir and edit all files which set to greater than 444.

Unix Chmod (permisions) numbers (types)

7 full
6 read and write
5 read and execute
4 read only
3 write and execute
2 write only
1 execute only
0 none

used as ABC (3 types x 3 type of users) Users

A the owner of the file
B the group that the owner belongs to