Shipping quotes?

Hello,

I'm setting-up a Prestashop store for a Canadian company who sells very heavy products (fitness equipment). They are willing to use their own carrier which are based in several locations in the United States. Because they have really heavy products, shipping on every order is going to be quite expensive. They would like to be able to provide a personal quote for each order placed because cost will depend on how large/heavy the order content is, but also how far from the carrier locations the delivery address is. Because this seems to be difficult to configure something that will calculate correctly the shipping cost, I am wondering if there is a way to turn an order placed into an order request to the site owner, which will calculate manually a shipping quote that would be sent back to the client who will be able to approve and checkout. Would that require a special module? If so, do such module exist?

I am confused and looking for a solution that will be the easiest for both the store owner and the end-user (client). Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance,
A.

I'm by no means an expert but I think I would go about it like this.

Set up some zones based on where the warehouse the delivery will be made from. Call them zone 1, zone 2 etc.
Set up the states that deliveries will be made to and assign the state to one of the zones.
Set up the weight ranges then set up the carrier fees based on the delivery cost to each zone.

When someone buys the item, prestashop will look at the state of the customers registered delivery address, compare it to the zone that particular state is assigned to and charge the appropriate shipping cost based on the fee structure you set up.

Have you found a way to do this? I am in a similar situation.

im trying to figure out how to accomplish the following, but am not having much luck…

I would like to set shipping to have two options:

$4.75 flat rate to anywhere in the US

To be quoted rate anywhere else in the world

It would work like this:

US customers would only get the $4.75 shipping option.
Customers outside the US would get the To be quoted – and it would create an order, but not require them to pay for it – somewhat like an order that gets printed to mail a check. I would research the best rate based on the order and let them know. If they take it, I would process, otherwise Id delete the order.

I don't think you'll be able to set prestashops shipping options up like that. The flat rate for US customers would be easy enough but not the quoted rate for outside of US.

You would need to search around for a module that could do it or request one to be developed for you in the Developer or the Job Offers & Paid Services forums.

Hope you find a solution.

• 1 year later...