Not able to access my Back Office

When I tried to access my back store I received tyhis response. Do I delete the install folder for prestashop in filezilla, the one I loaded into filezilla? Is the admin folder I need to rename the admin folder I created when i downloaded Yahoo phpmyadmin tools?

For security reasons, you cannot connect to the Back Office until after you have:

- deleted the /install folder
- renamed the /admin folder (eg. /admin842)

Please then access this page by the new url (eg. http://www.domain.tld/admin842)

Hi,

Yep you should connect to your website with filezilla then enter the area where you installed prestashop. Select the "Install" and delete it. Then locate the "admin" folder and rename to admin842. Then you will be able to login from www.yourdomain.com/admin842.

You could rename the admin file to anything you want, possibly something more memorable is does not have to be admin842.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Best regards,

Tim

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I need assistance ASAP...

I have installed Prestashop and I get a message saying that I have successfully installed Prestashop.

I can see my store-front when I enter my domain name, but I can't access my back office/admin page.

I have deleted the install folder and renamed the admin folder, but I still can't access my admin page.

Did I delete the correct "install" folder at the correct place? (filezilla) Why can't I access my back office when I enter www.ringsandthings.co/admin.............. (new admin folder name)?

I have tried everything and went through all of the forums as well as google with no answers... Please help!!!

Thanks

Erika

Hi Erika,

I think have the same problem. And connot find a solution for this either. :wacko: I started a topic about this here today also.

When you type in your url in a browser (www.ringsandthings.co/admin.........) do you also see a Internal server 500 error message?

And something simular like this section of the error message phrase: index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=b6998c9c8faed038f40726647087b271&redirect=AdminHome

If I rename my renamed admin folder back to the original ' admin ' name, I get the original security message again to remove the install folder and to rename the admin folder. Do you experience this also?