Presta 1.5 before september?

Hi guys,
I hope my question isn't stupid or irritating, i was just wondering when could presta 1.5 possily been released. in fact there's a reason why i ask this. i'am about to start the development of a new shop, so if the new software comes out soon i'll be using that instead of sticking to 1.4. As some preview post stated there'll be some fine tunings ad would be cool to take advantage of them since the beginning (skeleton theme more than other things).

bye

p.s. forgive some mistyping errors pls, new keyboard :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just build your site. I'm started on v1.2.9, then when v1.3.1 came out I started again...then when 1.4 came out I wanted to start again. It's an endless cycle, just wait for a mature build (anything that isn't vX.0) then go with it, or you will be forever chasing your tail.

Personally I'm going to wait a year or two before upgrading again because I want Prestashop to feel as solid as Wordpress before investing anymore time. Right now it feels like Wordpress back in 2004!

I think because every upgrade that ever happens with PS is full of problems. I agree with the poster - I have been on 1.37 for a while now and will not upgrade for sometime - just far too many problems.

Just look at the number of people who bought, made themes - updated to 1.4x and their themes dont work anymore - some at considerable cost. It maybe OK if you ask the author to update his theme, but if it is a theme you have had for some time - and the author decides not to - you are screwed.

Wordpress was very much like this - today its awesome for its upgrade paths. They are automatic - and they just work.

Its OK in a test enviroment - but if updating a live store the down time is just not acceptable and can really hurt the business. I can't take that risk with a business - can anyone?

Just my 2 cents - I am a fan of Prestashop - love it in fact - it is just a little rough around the edges in terms of supporting the users :)

I agree with Scotty.
Yeah prestashop is cool but updates are sometimes so close one another that you may end up to constantly upgrade your code without being able to stick to the next day. I think the prestashop team should focus on making a version that's almost totally free of bugs, then release it, no matter if it takes a year or two, after all, the good softwares (like wordpress) get major updates only every year or two.