[TEMP SOLVED] Friendly URL working for most but not all products (1.4.3)

juanv

Hi

Need some help on this PLEASE :

I just noticed that some of my friendly url's does'nt work which is quite beyond my mind... as far as i tested almost all of the product links works except on a few products....

Please follow this link : http://www.grabapc.co.za/76-windows-7 and choose any of the products then you will see what i mean....

Once clicked on a product i get directed to my Dell category, now this only happens to the first few items in this category (windows 7), as soon as you go to the next page and click on another item in the same catergory then it will display the right item!

I have tried everything that I could think off, my first thing was generating a new .htaccess file but with no success!

This has happened to me before with ver 1.4.1 and i changed the .htaccess file manually by adding this :

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ product.php?id_product=$2$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ product.php?id_product=$1$3 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ supplier.php?id_supplier=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]

and replacing the old lines, now this used to fix the problem but iam using the latest stable version 1.4.3 and the lines has changed so much that iam unable to use this fix correctly!

Please Help!!!!

Hi

Need some help on this PLEASE :

I just noticed that some of my friendly url's does'nt work which is quite beyond my mind... as far as i tested almost all of the product links works except on a few products....

Please follow this link : http://www.grabapc.co.za/76-windows-7 and choose any of the products then you will see what i mean....

Once clicked on a product i get directed to my Dell category, now this only happens to the first few items in this category (windows 7), as soon as you go to the next page and click on another item in the same catergory then it will display the right item!

I have tried everything that I could think off, my first thing was generating a new .htaccess file but with no success!

This has happened to me before with ver 1.4.1 and i changed the .htaccess file manually by adding this :

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ product.php?id_product=$2$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ product.php?id_product=$1$3 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ supplier.php?id_supplier=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]

and replacing the old lines, now this used to fix the problem but iam using the latest stable version 1.4.3 and the lines has changed so much that iam unable to use this fix correctly!

Please Help!!!!

I solved this temporarily, why this was happening in the first place... I have no Idea!

I changed the products Friendly URL in the BO:

From -> microsoft-windows-7-starter-edition-32-bit
To -> windows-7-starter-edition-32-bit

and now it works, did this to the rest of the products as well, why like this? I have no freaking clue