Referrers - Please help explain the HTTP referrer and Request Uri

I've read as many posts as I could find on this subject, and tried many variations and nothing I've tried seems to be working. I've also read the "Get help!" info in the Referrers area under Technical Information - Simple mode, but I'm still confused.

Could someone descibe in very plain words how to correctly use and setup the "HTTP referrer" and "Request Uri" (include and exclude) fields? Possibly giving an example of how to use these? I simply want to give an 'affiliate' the ability to put a link on their site, that goes to one of my store products, and gives that affiliate credit when a visitor/user clicks on the link on their site that takes them to my store product page. Could you could give an example of what one might put in each of these fields, AND then what exactly the URL is that should be given to an affiliate to place on their site?

I would be SO appreciative if someone who has successfully set this up could take the time to walk through this in steps that anyone could understand.

Thank you!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've read as many posts as I could find on this subject, and tried many variations and nothing I've tried seems to be working. I've also read the "Get help!" info in the Referrers area under Technical Information - Simple mode, but I'm still confused.

Could someone descibe in very plain words how to correctly use and setup the "HTTP referrer" and "Request Uri" (include and exclude) fields? Possibly giving an example of how to use these? I simply want to give an 'affiliate' the ability to put a link on their site, that goes to one of my store products, and gives that affiliate credit when a visitor/user clicks on the link on their site that takes them to my store product page. Could you could give an example of what one might put in each of these fields, AND then what exactly the URL is that should be given to an affiliate to place on their site?

I would be SO appreciative if someone who has successfully set this up could take the time to walk through this in steps that anyone could understand.

Thank you!!

Did you ever figure this out? I am struggling!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...