[Solved] Problems upgrading 1.2.4 -> 1.4.3

I followed the guide at http://www.prestashop.com/download/PrestaShop-Reference_Guide-Updating_PrestaShop-110530b-en.pdf very carefully, but the upgraded store is a mess.
Attached a FO and a BO view, also if I select a category e.g. "Backgammon", I get "Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!".

Any tips on where to start?

Edit: The upgraded store is at http://mohsart.se/prestashop
Edit 2: There are various other problems, like there is no option to chose a category for the products, the categories are not clickable in the BO; I get "The requested URL /prestashop/admin_go/modgo_smart_shopping was not found on this server." when clicking to open a modules tab etc etc...

/Mats

48125_Ag0k6tpyrpf2pz9h0eoF_t

48126_tmshTqpg83Sl7t6QJIlA_t

Fiddling around, I changed it to define(’PS_BASE_URI‘, ‘/prestashop/’); with a trailing slash, and now the BO seems OK :-)
The FO, however, redirects mohsart.se/prestashop to mohsart.se/prestashopsv and gives the error "Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!"

/Mats

I thought since the BO was OK, and the FO was useable (just had to insert a / before the se), I'd go live, but after copying the files to the live shop I have a number of problems.

- I cannot access the modules, clicking anywhere there directs me to a page not found. I have a warning but clicking the link gives nothing.

- http://mohsart.se redirects to /prestashop/sv, and yes I did change the settings.inc.php file.

- No images appears.

- In FO, clicking on a product gives me a blank screen (worked fine in the test folder).

- The search, sitemap etc stuff appears in nonstandard places and just looks weird.

- All categories are expanded.

There is more, but this will have to do for now...

/Mats

Hi,

Unfortunately a theme from version 1.2 will not be compatible with version 1.4 of PrestaShop. You can use PrestaShop default theme which is included in the install package, or use a community theme compatible with version1.4.

Also, when working on your shop, make sure that in tab Preferences > Performances, force compile is set to yes and cache is set to no. This makes sure that the changes you make are visible immediatly. The .htaccess file should also be regenerated.

Regards,

Hi,
If the default theme is not working with Smarty 3, it's probably because you have 3rd party modules that are not compatible with it. Anyway if the FO is ok with Smarty 2, nothing wrong with that.

As for the module tab, it can also be caused by specific modules. When you upgraded, did you select "deactivate non standard modules"? For this issue you can create a bug report in the forge (see my signature for link) and we'll get back to you.

Regards,