[1.4.3.0] How to split large sitemap

Pepozzo

Hello!

I've about 4000 products in my store and the Google Sitemap module generates a sitemap with 80000+ URLs.

So when I put that sitemap on Google Webmaster Tools, i receive an error (too many URLs) and it suggests to split the file in other sitemap files.

How can i do that? What's the best way?

Thank you in advance

yeah, i only know that my xml is about 40MB (with about 3700 products)!!!

I've found only sitemap splitters that request to pay a fee, and actually i'm not sure to pay euros for that, unless if it's strictly necessary or if there aren't free of charge solutions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone solved the problem of big sitemap file?

Is it possible to index just a small portion of the website with a small change in the code?

In other words, to reduce the size of the sitemap the first option is to exclude www.domain.com/modules.

Then is it possible to address specifi areas to index (www.domain.com/en, www.domain.com/it ....)

Any suggestion?

Navid

What about using other tools that are not modules?

I am using http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html that allows me to create sitemap for 10.000 products and you can choose what folder include and what to exclude. It costs 9.99 USD/month per webiste. It easy to use and takes care of updating Google Webmaster tool and there is nothing to install. Simple and clear, but expensive on the long term.

There is an unlimited version that is cheaper (http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html) but it requires installation on the server and tweakening. Anyone has experience?

Navid

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...