Nested or dependant attributes

Hello again..

I am using prestashop for a store that sells "parts" for a major project sold in stores. These parts have very confusing attributes but I have managed to sort them out. The original goal was to make each part it's own product but with a little information architecture I was able to make it much more manageable for the customer.

This brings me to one problem/question about how the attributes work and if there is an existing module (free or paid).

There are products that have attributes that are dependent on other attributes.. so for instance let's say you are buying a car. You can buy the Sedan which comes in RED or BLUE.. If you choose the RED sedan you can choose between power windows, or power door locks. If you choose the BLUE sedan you can choose between the CD player or the air-conditioning

So you see, the SEDAN is the product, RED/BLUE are the main attributes, and the windows, door locks, CD player, and air conditioning are the secondary attributes that display only if you choose their parent attribute.

I hope this makes sense.. if you need additional clarification please let me know.

Wow.. i'm surprised no one picked up on this..

basically prestashop works for this out of the box. The "combinations" are what was confusing until you realize that actual extent of what you can do with them. You can create combinations where a 14" shelf can only be purchased in BLACK or WHITE but not CHROME.. Simple as adding multiple attributes to the combinations field.

Yes, but that is only a partial solution (it may be what you need), but for each combination you MUST have one item from each group.

If for example you want to have Group A with 2 attribute, selecting A1 will display attribute Group B, and selecting A2 will display attribute group C, which the leads to attribute group D

What you can do, is create all the combinations, and delete ones you don't wish to offer.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

Do you find out how to make attributes dependent on one another?

I think that attribute wizard module has this feature, but it is not available in attribute wizard pro version of the module which I'm planning on using.

Thanks