Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields.

Hi I have just signed up to Prestashop but am having issues getting it installed, so far I have reached step 3 but can get no further as the following message appears, "Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields."

I have my hosting with 123-reg.co.uk on a Windows server and using MSSQL. As far as I can see I have entered all the details correctly and have even tried the database server name as localhost and 127.0.0.1 but to no avail. Can someone please help as I would like to get going with this, thanks.

Thanks for the reply, I have setup a database on my hosting but am still trying to go through the setup process of PrestaShop. On the advice of my web hosting company (123-reg.co.uk) I have changed my server to Linux instead of Windows and am in the process of uploading the files now so I will let you know how I get on.

Unfortunately no more progress yet, since the changeover I am now only getting a 403 - Access Denied, so the domain may not be pointed at the hosting so I have redone that and will have to wait a couple of days to see if this is the case and will check back then to see if this solved the problem.