How to disable the delivery address , i sell software license keys

I sell software license keys.
These can't be sold as a virtual product, because everytime i sell the same product
To another customer he gets another key.

I only need to register their email and refer them to PayPal or another PP.

If they have Paid i email them the license key and download link.
So i don't care were they live , what their phone number is etc, i don't even want to know.(safety).

Question:
How can i disable the shipping adress form at fast check out ? ( so it will keep working after an update)
Other solutions are welcome as well !

* Perhaps i can set a default value for firstname,lastname,address1,p_address2,postcode,city ?
* So that imput of these is no longer needed ?

Because this feature has cost me lots of customers !

Tuatara
Sorry, as you can see English is not my native tongue

• 4 weeks later...

I also sell downloadable software, and also did not care about address / phone, until I started having fraud issues, and installed PS 1.4

Using paypal API requires full address and phone number now, and I had to enable address verification with my payment processor for added security.

If your only reason to not make it a downloadable product is the need to send out a serial number, check out http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/66964/

Fraud isn't of concern on my site because there will be no actual payment processing on it. its a very select handful of people, the orders will send an email to the site owner and the site owner will handle sales manually as this is their wish. My only roadblock at this point is that they want to make accounts for certain clients and they don't want the address to be needed to check out.

The easiest way to do it and ensure that you are not breaking anything in Prestashop (that will be looking for an address), is to hide the address filed in the tpl file, and assign it a pseudo values.

You could add a style="display:none" to any part you want to hide, and assign the textbox a value like "address1" "111111111" for number, etc..

That way you could also switch back if you ever decide you do need them.

Thank you, Makes sense now, I'll give this a try, shouldn't be a problem then.

edit: I got it all to work so far with the exception of the state value, I dont know how to force it to use a state as default and so it opts into the - as default which is not a valid state

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

That solution makes sense to me, but when trying to assing values on it and hiding the phone fields, it still requires the number and shows the message "You must register at least one phone number".

Tried removing the 'required' sentences in address.php, AddressController.php, but could still not avoid that message. Any idea about it?