Do not include sales tax as the default in the visible Product Price

I would like to have the "Pre-tax retail price" displayed as the default for products. Right now, it always shows the "Retail price with tax".

I had to turn off Taxes for the Store (Payment-->Taxes-->Enable Taxes) but I do not want to do that. I want to charge tax for one state.

Is there any way to make the default display the "Pre-tax retail price"?

Thank you.

I am still not able to make this work. The sales tax still shows up for DESTINATION BASED TAX via Payment>Taxes.

Using Preferences>Products>Display pre-tax price on product page will only work if the sales tax is applied through the Product Catalog for each product. This does not work if you have sales tax based on destination for US companies. It still has sale tax include in the price.

If I have confused anyone, let me do my best to clarify.

There are different ways to set up sales tax in Prestashop.

#1: Catalog Product Sales Tax: ABLE TO DISPLAY PRE SALES TAX PRICE
You can include sales tax for each Product by using Catalog Tab>Select the Catagory of the Product>Select the Product>Info>Tax Section. This will apply a tax to the product regardless of destination.

#2: Destination Based Sales Tax: UNABLE TO DISPLAY PRE SALES TAX PRICE
You can include sales tax based on Shipping Destination. This is very useful for US companies because US customer pay sales tax based on destination. Not every customer is charged sales tax. You do this by Payment Tab>Taxes>Create New Tax or Pick Existing one>Select the Countries and States that the sales tax applies to.

• 2 years later...