Quick Install?

Hi All!

Newbie here!

So I just started playing around with prestashop tonight and it seems great, I just can't get the hang of the editing, I've been used to Joomla and Wordpress, and these can come with 'QUICK INSTALLS" that imports sample data, does any Prestashop come with such an install? I have installed themes but don't have a clue how to build it like the demo once it's installed?

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Basically yes.

For instance with say Joomla, when you download a theme, it either comes as itelf, or as a theme with sample data. So you can install it along with the data so it looks exactly like the demo, and build from there and change content accordingly.

I'm struggling with Prestashop in the fact that i've installed the theme but I have a blank page and don't have a clue where to start with the modules and getting the layout to look like the demo.

If you could help I'd be mega greatful. Do you have Skype? Thanks!

as far as i know prestashop installation is already loaded with sample product and default prestashop theme (that you see in the demo).

When you install your prestashop, you must choose full installation. That way, you will see your prestashop like the demo.

If you choose beside that, you will see nothing. or you will see prestashop as catalog (no add to cart feature are installed.)

i hope this video could help you to install themes on prestashop and install prestashop it self.

http://www.youtube.com/dapurpixel#p/u/3/9CiLv0p-Z4c

I've installed Prestashop just fine, along with the default demo.

What I am meaning is when I install a free theme I've found. I can't get it to look like the theme, could you help with that?

Hi mcnig!

As you now know the theme is only going to be the 'framework' so to speak. You will have to add the modules, products and images. If the theme you have is done properly they should've included any modified modules in the theme zip (I know I do with all my themes both free and premium). I also include instructions so users like you will know exactly how to install and use my themes. I even provide an image to show exactly how to position the modules in the hooks. If your theme doesn't have all this you will have to figure it out. It can be done!

If your site is live I'll be glad to help you get the look you want. Or you could ditch that theme and get one of mine :-)

Marty Shue